Skip to main content

Lodge a complaint

How to make a complaint 

If you have a complaint about any aspect of Transformative Pathways’ work, including fraudulent activity, or if you feel that you have experienced bullying, harassment, sexual exploitation or sexual abuse by a staff person working with a partner organisation in the Transformative Pathways we encourage you to report this incident to us as soon as possible.  

There are two ways you can lodge a complaint – using the complaint mechanisms of Forest Peoples Programme and of the International Climate Initiative 

Forest Peoples Programme’s complaint mechanism  

You can raise the issue in confidence with Forest Peoples Programme using the dedicated email address:  

Or leave a message on the dedicated complaints phone number +44 1608 690766 or +44 7510 953724 (mobile/cell). All messages will be dealt with in strict confidence. 

Both these contact methods are held by the FPP Managing Director Louise Henson. If you prefer, you can raise the issue directly with one of the two safeguarding representatives on the FPP Board –  Michel Pimbert ( and Sarah Roberts (  

Please note: Complaints of bullying, harassment, sexual exploitation or sexual abuse, and information relating to such complaints, will be dealt with fairly, confidentially and sensitively using the specific processes set out in FPP’s grievance procedures. These are serious issues and will be treated as such. 

FPP Whistleblowing Policy 

International Climate Initiative’s complaint mechanism 

You can make a complaint directly to the International Climate Initiative through their Independent Complain Mechanism – IKI ICM. 

The IKI Independent Complaint Mechanism (ICM) works worldwide to help resolve issues concerning IKI projects. 

  • Any person or a group of persons, or a community that has been or may be affected negatively by an IKI project may file a complaint. 
  • Also, persons wishing to do so can report integrity and/or corruption issues, such as misuse of funds, fraud etc. 
  • Last but not least, if persons experience reprisals in relation to an IKI project or a complaint, they can also use this channel. The affected person(s) can authorise a representative to file and pursue the complaint on their behalf. 

A complaint can be filed in English, or in the local language of the complainant. Where possible, a translation should be provided in English. Otherwise, the IKI ICM will have the complaint translated and respond in the language of the complainant.  

The IKI ICM will provide confidentiality upon receiving a complaint if requested to do so by the complainant. This includes the names and identities of complainants and any designated representatives. Where disclosure may be required to address the complaint, the IKI ICM will consult with the complainant prior to disclosing any confidential information. 

A complaint with the ICM can be filed by filling out the online complaints form: 

  • sending the complaints form by e-mail to:  IKI Independent Complaint Mechanism c/o ZUG gGmbH, Stresemannstrasse 69–71, 10963 Berlin, Germany or by email to: IKI-complaints(at) 
  • sending a voice or video recording 

Contact ICM: +4930700181108 (landline) 

Complaints should include the following information: 

  • Name, location and type of IKI project related to the complaint; 
  • Description of the complaint and the harm caused or expected to be caused; 
  • Description of how the harm caused or expected to be caused relates to IKI project activities. 
  • Name, address and other contact details, and information on the level of confidentiality to be maintained. The complainant can also decide to remain anonymous, however in this case the panel might not be able to use the full range of its tools. 

If possible, the following information should also be provided: 

  • Relevant information relating to the complaint or relevant to the complaint (e.g. copies of documents, media reports, photos, video recordings, voice recordings); 
  • Overview of measures (e.g. legal steps, access to other complaint mechanisms and/or dispute resolution procedures, contact with the implementing organisation) planned or already taken to resolve the issue, in particular prior recourse or attempts to contact project officials locally or use project-based complaint mechanisms; 
  • Name of the employee(s) in the implementing organisation with whom the complainant(s) had contact (where applicable). 
FPP Whistleblowing Policy